NOTE: As of September 2013, we now have mobile screens designed specifically for checklists, so this tip is no longer necessary for this particular case. It is, however, still a valid tip for accessing those parts of FamZoo do not have mobile screens yet.
If so, you’ve probably noticed that it doesn’t have mobile screens for everything just yet — and that includes checklists. So, how do you check off chores or to-do items quickly when you’re on the go? Here’s a little trick I use myself that makes it super convenient. (If you can’t see the video, click here or see the steps below.)
Step 1: Sign into FamZoo.com on your mobile browser
- Fire up your mobile browser on the iPhone or the Droid.
- Visit famzoo.com.
- Swipe up to the Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Tap on it and sign in (if you haven’t already)
- You’ll land on the mobile version of the accounts screen — which you’ve probably seen before if you’re familiar with our mobile interface.
Step 2: Get to the Desktop UI
- Now here’s the trick: swipe all the way down to the bottom, and you’ll find the Desktop UI link.
- Tap on it.
- Now you’ll see the full screens that you typically see on your desktop browser.
Step 3: Bookmark the Checklists Tab
- Swipe over to the Checklists tab, and tap on it.
- Zoom in on your favorite checklist to get it just the way you like it. If it’s something like a chore chart, you may want to select the Due Today viewing link to zero in on the most relevant items.
- Now here’s the other part of the trick: to make it super easy to get back to your checklist each time, you can add it it as a bookmark that sits on your home screen. Getting to this menu item from your mobile browser will be slightly different depending on whether you’re on an iPhone or a Droid. On the iPhone, look for the Add to Home menu item. When you’re on your droid, create a bookmark via the menu, then find it in the bookmark list, long-press on it, and tap Add shortcut to home.
- Now, you’ll be able to get right back to your favorite Checklist with a single tap on the new bookmark icon on your home screen.
And that’s our quick tip for getting to your FamZoo checklists from your mobile browser. We will be adding true mobile screens for checklists in the future, but I hope that workaround will keep you going in the meantime.
Contact us with any questions or comments. We’re always happy to help.