If you stumble upon your youngster or teen doing something financially savvy in the next week or so, then pull out your phone, and snap a quick picture.
Just submit it to the FamZoo Good Money Habits Photo Contest by Monday, January 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM PST. Our panel of judges will award one grand prize of $200 for the best photo as well as three runner-up prizes worth $50 each. The prize money will be delivered either as a credit to the winner’s FamZoo prepaid card or as a separate standalone gift card.
What kind of habits are we talking about? The same ones that FamZoo helps parents teach, like:
- earning diligently,
- saving patiently,
- spending wisely,
- giving thoughtfully, or
- any other money habit that your family values.
So, how do you enter? Here are the highlights (but read the official contest rules before sending us your entry):
- Like our Facebook page.
- Email your entry to us at contest [at] famzoo [dot] com by 11:59 AM Pacific Standard Time on Monday, January 27, 2014 with:
(a) the subject line “FamZoo Good Money Habits Photo Contest Submission”,
(b) an attachment containing your photo,
(c) a caption for your photo,
(d) a short description of a FamZoo feature or value that your photo exhibits (need hints? see our FAQs),
(e) your full name, and
(f) your current city/town and state of residence.
- Share your entry with your friends on social media once we have accepted and posted your entry in our “FamZoo Good Money Habits Photo Contest #1” photo album on Facebook.
You can submit up to three separate entries, so no need to agonize over which photo to choose if you have a few great ones. Enter them all!
“Sharability” is one of the criteria that our judges will be looking for (along with creativity, fit with the theme of good money habits, consistency with the FamZoo brand, and overall quality), so here are some tips for maximizing your chances:
- Share your entry in the contest album with your friends on Facebook and encourage them to like it, add comments (like clever alternate captions), and share it with their friends.
- Share your entry on Twitter by tweeting a link to your photo. Include the URL of your entry in the contest Facebook album, the hashtag #FamZooPhotoContest, and a mention of @FamZoo so we’re sure to see it.
- Share your entry anywhere else you hang out on social media, and encourage your friends to stop by your entry in Facebook to make some noise in your honor!
Here’s what a sample entry looks like:
For more examples, see what other parents have already submitted here.
Note: Entrants must be from eligible states in the US and at least 18 years of age. For complete guidelines and restrictions, please read our complete contest rules here.
Good luck, and may the best money habits win!